SISTER EILEEN K. RICE, OP
2007-2008 AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING TEACHING
Criteria and Process for Selection
Since Siena Heights University is primarily a teaching institution, it is appropriate that the Adrian campus learning community honor outstanding teaching by recognizing excellence within its faculty. The process for surfacing and celebrating outstanding teaching involves all currently enrolled students and current employees of the Adrian campus in a nomination process. After committee consensus, the current exemplars of outstanding teaching will be honored at the Siena Heights University Honors Convocation on Friday, April 18, 2008.
Any ranked faculty member is eligible who:
- has been continuously employed full-time by the university for at least one year prior to the process (see attached list of eligible faculty)
- has not been a recipient of the award in the previous three years;
- ( Magdalena Ezoe, OP, ’05; Tim Leonard, ’06; Peter Barr ‘07)
Those invited to submit a nomination are:
- all full- and part-time currently registered students;
- all currently employed Adrian campus personnel.
A committee will receive all nominations, review them, and select the faculty to be honored. The Outstanding Teaching Award Committee will be composed of:
- three-four students selected by the Student Senate members;
- faculty recipients of the award in the three previous years.
Nominations forms for this teaching award for 2007-2008 will be available on Monday,
March 10 through Monday, March 31 online.
If using a hard copy, place your nomination ballot in an Outstanding Teaching Award ballot box located in Sage Union, the Library and Ledwidge Residence. If using the ballot on-line, please send it by e-mail to email@example.com