Learn more about the Environmental Science program and its concentrations.
An interdisciplinary program of the Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Science departments, the curriculum offers the following academic benefits:
- A variety of lecture, laboratory, research and field courses supporting career options in both the public and private sector
- Courses addressing environmental problem-solving, life cycle assessments, scientific computing, green design, experimental design, research statistics and instrumentation to address the depth of environmental science
- Coursework preparing students for advanced degrees in fields like environmental science, law, policy, health, industry and conservation. Electives may be utilized to enhance preparation for specific growth programs
- Professional certifications and training
- Summer hands-on internship opportunities
- Career counseling and referrals