Communications and Business Graduate
As part of an internship with the SHU Marketing Office in winter/spring 2014, Matt Robinet was asked what the "Opportunity U" brand meant to him. He developed the following response below, which led to the eventual creation of a television commercial for the University.
"I came to Siena Heights in 2010 with the full intention of playing soccer and getting good grades in order to become a secondary education English teacher. Since arriving on campus, I’ve…
- Changed my major twice
- Added a second major
- Joined the track and field team
- Joined three student organizations and
- Became president of Student Government
None of the above were in my original plan. Neither were these:
- Attending every show that our theater program put on
- Buying and living in a house in the middle of Adrian
- Getting the chance to go to Jamaica on a service trip.
As a liberal arts University, Siena Heights has also given me the opportunity to:
- Learn how to play the guitar
- Become more proficient in Spanish
- Think like a philosopher when the need arises, and
- Understand more clearly the meaning of the Bible
I came to Siena with a certain level of expectation for myself; but I never would have guessed the above things were what I would be doing once I made it here. My expectations were blown out of the water, and it never would have happened like this for me at a larger university.
Now that I am nearing graduation with a double major in Business Administration and Communications, I am starting to look into possible job opportunities. I feel as though my time at Siena has prepared me to join the working world with the confidence needed to be successful in whatever career I choose for myself. While I don’t know what that career may be, I am sure that my work will be competent, purposeful and ethical in the Siena way.
That's the Siena Effect."