Siena Heights University announced it is starting a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program. The first classes begin in January 2018, and will be completely online.
SHU Dean for Graduate and Professional Studies Dr. Cheri Betz said before designing its MBA, Siena Heights first asked employers and business leaders about their current and future needs. Using their input, SHU developed a curriculum focused upon ethical and sustainable business practices.
“We have designed Siena’s MBA program to train strong, ethical business leaders who can leverage the markets in a manner consistent with our Dominican values,” Dr. Betz said. “Siena's reputation for developing students who genuinely live its mission of being more competent, purposeful and ethical makes for a distinction among existing business programs.”
“It made sense to offer the MBA as an online program, since we have built an outstanding reputation nationally in online education,” said SHU President Sister Peg Albert, OP, PhD. “Our online program is ranked first in Michigan and tied for 24th nationally. We also rank as one of the best in the nation in student engagement, according to the U.S. News and World Report. That speaks to its quality. Adding the MBA to our online offerings will be a winning combination. We look forward to showing what the ‘Siena Effect’ can bring to the MBA.”
Dr. Betz said some other key points about the Siena Heights MBA include:
• Flexible: Our MBA is open to not only those students with a BBA, but also to students and many other majors, including nursing and engineering. No prerequisite entry courses are required.
• Convenient: Online eight-week courses can be completed in as early as 18 months and complement the busy schedules of our students.
• Effective: SHU’s online programs have been ranked first in Michigan and in the top 25 nationally based on student engagement and retention.
• Focused: Courses include business topics like: Ethics in a Global Environment, Sustainable Business Management and Business Strategy and Planning.
• Relevant: Students will be able to share their work experiences in the classroom and apply their coursework in their career field.
• Recognized: SHU’s MBA program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
“Learning is not just about acquiring knowledge,” Dr. Betz said. “The Siena MBA will require students to apply their knowledge in order to hone skills and better develop their talents as ethical business innovators. Having this ability to apply knowledge in a variety of situations is attractive to today's employers. The Siena MBA is designed to prepare students to face the many challenges present in our world today. That’s what ‘The Siena Effect’ is bringing with our MBA program.”
Program outcomes include:
Demonstrating creative problem-solving and implementation through strategic planning, innovation, justice, ethical and sustainable practices to support exceptional decision-making and social responsibility
Demonstrating analytical skills through the integration of various business tools and techniques to solve complex business problems and evaluate business opportunities
Demonstrating leadership and management skills needed for implementing positive organizational change by treating all stakeholders with dignity and respect
Understanding and effectively communicating quantitative and qualitative information professionally through exceptional written, verbal and analytical skills
Fostering collaboration by leading and working effectively in a team-based environment demonstrated through self-awareness and respecting the differences in others
Dr. Betz said she expects the classes to fill quickly. For more information, click on the button below: