Adult Degree Completion

Transfer Student - Adult Degree Completion

Do you have an Associate's Degree? If so, you may only be 10 courses away from a Bachelor's Degree! Siena Heights University is a leader in Michigan adult completion because of our well-developed and award-winning Bachelor of Applied Science Program, personalized service, flexibility and entrepreneurial approach to offering programs and building partnerships. The following is some information that will guide you through the process.

  • Articulation is an agreement between two or more institutions to transfer courses. Through this agreement, the institutions officially agree to transfer all of a specified program (certificate, diploma, or degree). This usually occurs between a two-year college/technical school and four-year college or university. Some agreements may indicate a cooperative program between institutions that result in a degree program.
  • How do you transfer coursework from another institution to SHU? Simple – Just fill out the transcript request form and email it to, or snail mail it to: Office of the Registrar, Siena Heights University, 1247 E. Siena Hts. Dr., Adrian, MI  49221.
  • Transfer credit is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Credits are granted for classes in which a grade of C (2.0) or better was earned and can transfer a few different ways. Some courses have a direct equivalent and will transfer as a specific course. Other courses transfer but do not have an exact equivalent. Courses that do not have a exact equivalent sometimes transfer as elective credit. You will receive a transfer credit evaluation outlining the credits awarded from the applicable institutions and which transferred courses will apply towards General Education requirements.
  • There is no limit on the number of semester hours that can be transferred to SHU. Coursework with a C (2.0 or better) earned from an accredited institution will transfer for earned hours at SHU. PLEASE NOTE: Baccalaureate degree requirements include a residency requirement of 30 semester hours at SHU. This means a maximum of 90 hours of transfer credit (for a total of 120 semester hours) can be applied toward degree requirements at SHU (NOTE: This does not mean that only 90 hours will transfer for credit.).
  • SHU will award credit hours for military educational experience. The following documentation is required before applicable credit can be determined:
  1. A copy of your DD214
  2. Official Military Transcripts from Air Force, Army, Marines, or Navy2. 
  3. Any certificates or documentation describing the course content or objectives3. 
  4. A VA form (obtainable from the Office of the Registrar) to activate Education Benefits
  • Prior to beginning a formal education at Siena Heights University, students may have had significant learning experiences through work, non-University courses or training, community service, or other accomplishments. These learning experiences may be worth academic credit if:
  1. The learning is university-level
  2. The experience can be documented by a third party
  3. The student can present documentation which gives the evidence of the learning experience and thereby persuades the university of its value. Academic credit is awarded for university-level learning, not for the experience itself. Site Directors will provide assistance with guidelines and procedures for developing the petition. The final petition is evaluated by university faculty.